It documents the aftermath of two kids who committed suicide and follows three kids who are currently being bullied. It is eye opening. Bullying is a huge issue in our world today! It happens over and over again and sometimes no one listens to the victims. Sometimes the victims do not even bother to tell someone about what is going on. As parents, we must be diligent with our children. We must always be looking for signs that something is amiss. According the website StopBullying.gov here are some of the symptoms:
Some signs that may point to a bullying problem are:
- Unexplainable injuries
- Lost or destroyed clothing, books, electronics, or jewelry
- Frequent headaches or stomach aches, feeling sick or faking illness
- Changes in eating habits, like suddenly skipping meals or binge eating. Kids may come home from school hungry because they did not eat lunch.
- Difficulty sleeping or frequent nightmares
- Declining grades, loss of interest in schoolwork, or not wanting to go to school
- Sudden loss of friends or avoidance of social situations
- Feelings of helplessness or decreased self esteem
- Self-destructive behaviors such as running away from home, harming themselves, or talking about suicide
- Bullying can make a child feel helpless. Kids may want to handle it on their own to feel in control again. They may fear being seen as weak or a tattletale.
- Kids may fear backlash from the kid who bullied them.
- Bullying can be a humiliating experience. Kids may not want adults to know what is being said about them, whether true or false. They may also fear that adults will judge them or punish them for being weak.
- Kids who are bullied may already feel socially isolated. They may feel like no one cares or could understand.
- Kids may fear being rejected by their peers. Friends can help protect kids from bullying, and kids can fear losing this support.
I feel like it is my responsibility to get the word out on how we can prevent this from happening to others.There are many other sources available. (I do have the idea of starting a support group for children and parents who have been bullied or have bullied.) Here is one:
Let's ban together and eradicate this once and for and for all!
May you have a blessed day.