Monday, December 30, 2013

Praying for Boys:Asking God for the Things They Need Most

 Praying for Boys:Asking God for the Things They Need Most by Brooke McGlothlin
    The foreword to this book belies what is inside of the chapters that have been carefully crafted for us to enjoy. As I read, I find myself laughing quietly to myself and shaking my head in agreement. I think that my family thinks I have just stepped over the edge!
   What can we do to ensure that we are raising up Godly men? We can pray! We can ask that God gives us the tools that we need to faithfully raise up men of honor.
    As I am reading this and the author is writing about finding time for God, my youngest son who is not so young, is demanding my attention. This book is relevant for boys of any age. My sons are 15 and a half and 12, I know it is not too late to begin praying for them. Whether your sons are yet to be born or 21, it is never too late to pray for them! As I write this my youngest son has brought me some of his homemade hash browns, he has a servant's heart. He delights is helping other and doing things for others. I know how easily that spirit can be crushed in our world today.
    My eldest son is your average teenager, he loves sports and hanging around with his friends. Life has taught him to never stop saying I love you and that you are never too old for hugs. I am blessed this way. But I look at him and I wonder if I have equipped him fully for the world. I know it's not too late for him I still have a couple of years left to shape him and teach him to walk righteously. This book has come in the nick of time!
    I am almost a quarter of the way done and I am excited to continue my journey into the book. I will be reporting back with more posts and I will be hosting a give away for a copy as well! Keep checking back with me!

1 comment:

  1. Never too late. The biggest way we can equip our children is to BE Jesus in the flesh to our family. Yes, we are human and we falter, but we must let the Holy Spirit guide our conscience! If He is our complete Guider in this life, we can't go wrong. :) Looking forward to hearing more about the book...I've not heard of it.

    ReplyDelete